COVID-19 Policies & Practices
The health and wellbeing of our Maalaea Surf Resort guests is our number one priority. With this in mind, we have updated and enhanced our cleaning procedures and modified our office and facility practices.
Sanitary Practices & Protocols
The Maalaea Surf has instituted many changes and modifications to our operating procedures in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. These include appropriate social distancing by staff and the use of face coverings when necessary, sanitary check-in and check-out procedures, housekeeping PPE and hand hygiene and enhanced unit cleaning procedures. We have included a more detailed list below.
- During your stay our housekeeping staff will wear masks and gloves which are discarded upon leaving each unit. They will be following all the CDC guidelines in regards to cleaning recommendations. They will also be using properly approved disinfectants, and follow frequent hand washing protocols.
- Your bed linens are professionally laundered. All decorative comforters and pillows which cannot be appropriately cleaned have been removed.
- All high touch items are specifically disinfected.
- You may opt out of additional housekeeping services during your stay if you should wish.
- All guests will be asked to maintain appropriate social distancing when maintaining this distance is not possible with other (non-family member) guests. We no longer require masks.
- Our property furniture will be spaced to reinforce this distancing protocol. Guests are asked to maintain this spacing.
- Chairs, loungers and tables will be regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Our pools will be open. Appropriate social distancing should be employed in these areas.
- Grills will be open. Appropriate social distancing should be employed in these areas.
- Our onsite laundry facilities will be open as usual. Appropriate social distancing should be employed in these areas.
- There will be surface disinfectant available at all outside locations for our guests to use.
- Our grounds crew will be practicing social distancing and will and appropriate hand hygiene.
From the Kahului Airport it is a quick and easy 20 minute trip traveling across the center of the island. Your rental car pickup will determine your starting spot.
If you pick your car up at the airport car rental locations, you will travel SE on Lanui Cir out of the airport. Lanui Cir turns into Keolani Pl. At the light turn left onto Aalele St. and follow the signs to Airport Rd where you will turn right. Stay on Airport Rd which will become HI-380 for about 1.4 miles. Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto HI-311. Travel 6.5 miles across the island until you reach a large intersection. Get in the right hand lane and turn right onto N Kihei Rd. Immediately get into the left lane and in .1miles turn left onto S Kihei Rd. In 400 feet you will take the first possible right and than a quick left into the parking lot of the Ma’alaea Surf.
If your rental car location is not at the airport you can ask for help or simply map the driving directions on your phone. It is impossible to get lost for very long on Maui. It is an island after all! Just remember, Ma’alaea Surf Resort is on the South Shore just NW of Kihei.